View Single Post
Old August 19, 2015   #49
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Ok I'm in Kansas City this week with hubby. I finally saw some Kumato tomatoes at a grocery store after hearing about them for a year or more so had to try some. Hubby likes them, they are ok, not plastic, but not as much zing as I like in the home grown tomatoes. But all in all ok. I forgot to even look at the price because I couldn't believe I finally found some. They were a touch watery, but all in all not bad. Grown in Canada in Green House is what the label said.

Haven't figured out the best way to eat them... couldn't find any fresh basil so tried pesto, fresh mozz, and salame with the Kumatos but need to tweak this. Would prefer just some balsamic, fresh basil leaves and fresh mozz with them.

Anyways, sorry for the poor presentation... lol.

Barb - such a bummer the blueberry plants are not the right kind. Crazy!

I can't wait to get home for good. I'm thinking about going with a full time job in Orlando (although I'll be able to work from home) and giving up the contracting stuff so I can be home full time. Mom is doing well so far. We did a lot of research and have so far been managaing the chemo symptoms pretty well (nausea, bone pain, etc) so she is doing pretty well so far. We have her drinking tons of water to flush the toxins which seems to be pretty important in helping to keep some of the other symptoms at bay.

I miss posting a gazillion pictures on here of my garden... but it is what it is. Happy Gardening everyone!!

Ginny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fiishergurl; August 19, 2015 at 06:57 PM.
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote