View Single Post
Old April 19, 2017   #4
BakedIn
Tomatovillian™

I like the looks of that system a lot. It's got all the elements, ease of setup and takedown. Plants are far along in the season and don't look a mess, so it looks like it keeps them trained, and it is cheap (if one has a bamboo source). And it looks like you have to do minimal tying.

A lot of systems I see can't really be scaled up affordably. Even cattle panels aren't cheap but I've already got them. So I'm gonna stay on that path this year I guess.

I got to thinking cinder blocks may be the key for me. I'll have to check how much those cost now. If I set two to three cinder blocks on the ground, per panel. Then set the bottom of the panel on top of those. Then lean the panels back at a 45 degree angle with the top being caught by T post, 4 ft (width of panel) behind the blocks, I might have to clamp something on top of the post to provide more surface area for the panel to attach to it. But once setup one I imagine it would be a system of extremely low maintenance and gravity would do most of the work. It sounds good on paper anyway. I'm gonna be messing with it today.
BakedIn is offline   Reply With Quote