View Single Post
Old February 28, 2016   #47
TheUrbanFarmer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
T.U.F. I can still see the recent pix (including worth's) and not any of the old ones. I don't see any change in my Firefox browser... seems the problem is on your end?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
FWIW I've never had a problem uploading photos using the "Manage Attachments" menu at the bottom of the posts. Yes, you have to resize them, and that's a bit of work - i do mine in the Gimp before posting. In the end, it works better IMO than uploading a huge file, which the viewer has to scroll back and forth to see it entirely. So I accept that as part of the effort, and gives a better presentation overall for the site.
There is also software available in some platforms that allows you to resize automatically to whatever parameters you select. I don't have that myself, but in the end I'd just as soon crop and tweak the pix anyway before I send em on, or I would make the effort to find that kind of software and have it done in a blink.
It doesn't make sense to me why I'm experiencing fluctuation. I re-size everything using photoshop to fit the specifications the site says. No larger than 600 x 600 and file size under 97.7kb. Every picture I have uploaded fits those specifications. Original image files are in .bmp and then converted to web ready .jpeg. I really have no clue why I'm experiencing difficulties. I haven't changed any browser or site settings yet the behavior of the site changes...and only this site. I've not experienced this issue before with any other webpages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike2 View Post
I am confused as to what is going on? I see all the pictures all the time, new and old? AND since I do a lot of planting not only in my garden but in containers and my raised bed PLEASE do not give up and keep posting pictures.
It has almost become personal and now I feel as if I must conquer it!! LOL!

I'll figure this out eventually. I did PM Mischka and hopefully that will provide an answer and solution.
TheUrbanFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote