View Single Post
Old June 11, 2019   #37
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

June 7th, 2019

Random pics

June 10th, 2019

This was a very productive weekend I started staining the outside of the deck, finished staining the under decking, and painted the gutters.
Since I was on a roll, I stained my Koi Pond bench and the fence/bar by the pit. I Scrubbed the hell out of the outdoor rug and cleaned up under the deck.
I decided to run some grape vines under the gutter.

Worked on my Hardy Kiwi vines and trimmed the grapevines.

Setup my Espalier wires for the pear tree.

So far this year I used my drip irrigation one day, I have been watering with the rain barrel. The front yards are getting 25 minutes every other day, once the flowers take hold I'll tweak that to half hour every three days.

And I posted some random shots of the garden.

June 11th, 2019

Completed my first summer pruning on the cherry tree and started training the branches, just hope I didn't screw it up.

I ordered 4 more Texas tomato cages with extensions but ordered the large 24" thinking that was what I already had (I had 20" TTC), my plan was to use the extensions on the Big Beef and Beef masters on the hill and use the 4 new cages in the hugelkultur beds. Anyhow it worked out better as the 24" cages are better suited for the Big Beef and Beefmasters, but I had to slip the 24" TTC over the 20" cages so I wont get to use the 4 (20") cages this year.

The eggplant plants in one of the air pots and one in the planter are out performing my plants in the raised beds and hugelkultur beds.

Posted a few random garden pics also.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote