View Single Post
Old December 3, 2015   #33
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
Gerardo,

Mountain Magic is not from the Netherlands. In fact, I see nothing on the Territorial website claiming that it is. Perhaps you concluded that because they describe it as "Campari-type".

It is a variety of Randy Gardners.
Correct, and Randy sent me a lot of seeds of Mountain Magic and Plum Regal, and I forget the third one now, all hybrids, and I made a separate offer here at Tville for all three and many folks requested them.

I think I remember he did that b/c at the time Bejo seeds was supposed to be doing the commercial seed production but had production problems so he wanted to get them out there so folks could see what they were like. I've known Randy for many years and that's why he sent them to me to distribute and subsequent to that many seed vendors offered them. Bejo is worldwide and at the time were subcontracted to do seed production for the above three and were doing that in western NYS as well as the Netherlands. That's my memory.

http://www.bejoseeds.com/

Personally I thought MM was THE best of them.Outstanding production and great taste as well.

So we agree Gerardo, on how great Mountain Magic really is.

Carolyn