View Single Post
Old May 20, 2011   #15
camochef
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Camo, maybe you and daylily can get together via PM and he can tell you who he got the seeds from, who got them from you, and maybe find out which seeds you sent to that person.

I keep a notebook with the names/addresses of all the varieties I send to a person, aside from my SSE listings and SASE free seed offers at Tville, but I don't know if you or others keep such a notebook.
Carolyn,
I had received a PM from Daylily before posting any of this and I checked my computer to see what I could have sent and while I had the person's address listed I didn't have any listing of sending anything. This could have happened during a time when I was sending lots of seeds out and forgot to fill in the information but that is unlikely as I usually keep on top of such things. I do admit that as the years go by...I'm not as sharp as I used to be, and we all make mistakes, but I'm pretty particular in handling and sending out seeds.
I had explained to him that most Pink Brandywines taste a lot alike, with only subtle differences. The major differences in them come more in production and disease resistance. Likewise, I suggested he simply enjoy eating them. After all, that's why I grow them.
I think too many people worry about growing every variety out there or crossing one with another instead of finding out what performs best for them in their gardens and enjoying them. I'm hoping someday just to be able to grow the three or four favorites I have and not worry about what others could be better. Think it will ever happen.

I have all mine planted out for this year and am looking forward to some early tomatoes if these rains ever stop and the sun comes out. I saw many blossoms on quite a few plants this morning before the rains started again.
Hope you do better this year than the last few.
Camo
camochef is offline   Reply With Quote