View Single Post
Old December 29, 2009   #59
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbigfish View Post
Kat

[Link and name removed by Admin]

You can get like 6 seeds of 4 varieties for free - just SASE - if you make donation of $5 you can get like 12 choices and it keeps on going - this would give you a chance to try several w/o buying 30 packs of seeds and having a 90% of the seeds left over
Most of my relatives are from Missouri, Ohio, Pa and Arkansas and there are some good maters from those areas
Or you can go to the Seed Exchange Forum here at Tville where you can get seeds for a stamp. Many folks make seed offers here with a tremendous number of varieties, and not all folks ask for trades. Actually you'll see that there's a subforum for wants and another for trades, but there is no clear distinction.

I'm one of the persons who makes a seed offer here each year and I don't want anything in trade unless a Tville member has a family heirloom that they'd like me to grow and then list the variety here in a seed offer and also list it in the SSE Yearbook and if it's a really good one then I send it for trial to a few seed companies that I've long known the owners and trust them. So those would include Sandhill Preservation, Tomato Growers Supply and Victory Seeds and from time to time to Marianne Jones at mariseeds and also from time to time to Jeff Casey who also posts here at Tville. And in the past I've sent varieties to Pinetree and Shepherd seeds.