Thread: J&L Gardens
View Single Post
Old September 14, 2014   #72
goodwin
Tomatovillian™

NarianGarden - Well, next season is still months away. However, I am already thinking about what to start, and 'Finnish Yellow' will be on the list. I plant a couple other yellow salad tomatoes for market, Jaune Flamme for the tart flavor and Orange Banana for its late season sweetness. So now I have a new one and the flavor is surprisingly good. Stay in touch and let me know what you would like to try.

Lisa - The Bedouin (Beduin) plants I was picking from in May are still going! That is nearly four months now. I always slice one up for samples at the farmers markets because I know the flavor will attract attention. Anyway, it's good to hear the variety does well where you are.
I am giving some thought to doing some growing through the winter and I'm applying for a USDA grant for a greenhouse. Bedouin would be a good variety to try because the plant is compact and tolerates cold temperatures - maybe Banded Amazon, too. I think we are in for an early winter here and I expect to see the aspen trees turning any day. Snow may not be far behind.
It is always amazing how quickly the summer comes to an end.

Lee
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote