View Single Post
Old January 14, 2016   #12
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Thanks for the orientation some how I had your area of growing pegged dont ask me how.
If I am not mistaking the hill you see in the map is Cerro Colorado which is an extinct volcano?
We have one in Austin people drive by every day and dont know it.

Worth

Quite a few interesting geological formations all around here. The continuation of the Mt. Laguna formation as it heads down the Baja peninsula is chock full of beauty, it's called Sierra de Juarez. It continues pretty much all the way down. Lots of volcanoes both as islands in the Gulf of Cortes or as formations on the peninsula. if you have some time type these in as search strings for images. You'll get some beauties.

Playa El Requesón (one of my favorite spots)
La Lobera (sea lions chilling)
La Bufadora Ensenada (blowhole)
Valle de los Cirios (if you like succulents, this place is heaven on earth)
Bahia San Luis Gonzaga (hard to beat landing a plane at low tide on the sand)
Playa La Gringa (good fishing from the shore)
Isla Ángel de la Guarda (a huge island, with lots of cool stuff on it)
Isla Coronado (an even prettier island)
Sierra de San Francisco (views, hiking along old indian trails, rock art)
Sierra de Juárez (Laguna Hanson, observatory, lots of pine trees)
Eiffel-Santa Rosalia (one doesn't expect to find a piece of Europe here, they shipped it out piece by piece and it's a legitimate Eiffel design)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanis...aja_California
and finally one of the coolest spots to camp for the night.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_P..._San_Francisco

Some people say the biodiversity of Mexico is down in the rain forests, I say they're crazy. Chiapas and Yucatan are more or less continuations of central america vegetation. What you get here is unique, the Baja Peninsula and the Sea of Cortes have a few spots that can hold their own against the Mediterranean. At least in regards to breathtaking arid landscapes going all the way to the ocean, similar to Ios.

Last edited by Gerardo; January 14, 2016 at 09:06 PM.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote