View Single Post
Old May 8, 2017   #5
Container Guy
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the advice. I guess my follow up question is if I add fertilizer (TT, GT, or fish emulsion) after the Roma's have 3 fruits set, will it cause harm to the fruit?

@Ray-
Thanks for the link. No, I have not added any fertilizer other than what was in the pre-mixed soil. From that article and my other research, I think that heat or lack of nutrients is the most likely cause. I can't control the heat, but I think that I still need to address the lack of nutrients as the most likely cause.

You've said you've used the various Tones with tomatoes, have you used the Tomato Tone on other plants like bell peppers? I'm growing mostly tomatoes and a few peppers; I'd be fine ordering TT if it was usable on my other plants as well.

What is the purpose of the fist emulsion? If I have bone meal in the soil and a fertilizer like Tomato Tone or Vegetable Tone that contains nitrogen, what does the fish emulsion do?

@Lisa-
I appreciate the words of experience, I'm hoping to avoid buying unnecessary fertilizer if I can. What liquid fertilizer do you use to supplement the GT?

@Salt-
I think my plants definitely need more nutrients, as they have such a limited volume of dirt. When you say you haven't seen anything useful, do you have a different fertilizer you use?
Container Guy is offline   Reply With Quote