Thread: Opalka - ?
View Single Post
Old April 8, 2018   #15
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
I got the seeds from super seeds // pinetree garden seeds in late winter of this year (Early March). I don't have the envelope in front of my, but I'm pretty sure it was ~stamped~ for 2018 selling season. Anyhow, what prompted this original post was that the bottom leaves were super long and a bit wilty. When I say long, I mean it was reaching the other end of the adjacent cell whereas all others were still compact and bushy.

Fast forward to today, where they have been in solo cups for a week. All other plants look nice strong and upright. The opalka's - lower leaves are still long and wilty. The 2 in the middle still are curling/small. And the outer leafs are the lower leaves are a show a minute curl to them.

I can see how maybe one plant may be a fluke but all of the Olpaka's look like this. Hence I was not sure if they look like this during seedling/young growing phase . This is a 1st with Olpaka so I'm not sure what is normal or not..
Is Pinetree still listing it as Olpaka and I ask since the original owner got it from me originally as I recall, but his relatives are now running the place,he retired and it's a much better catalog now.

The father would get into fights with anyone who doubted what he wrote, and there were many of us who did with him.

I can't remember if I was sent their catalog for 2018,so please share with me the blurb that was written about,I hope, Opalka,NOT Olapka.

There were several carryover errors that were made and I kept meaning to contact the new owners and get them corrected,but it wasn't high on my to do list,so it didn't get done.

Carolyn