View Single Post
Old April 25, 2019   #1
Tropicalgrower
Tomatovillian™

Default What to plant,what to plant?Opinions or advice appreciated.

I have been perusing the threads here trying to decide on a few pepper varieties to try.I have looked at the local nurseries,but have seen very little other than the standard Cal Wonder bells etc.(not that there is anything wrong with those).

I did find an Aji Rico,and a Dangjo Cheong Yang (hey,I was desperate for something different) .After being directed to Chileplants.com by Shrinkwrap,I thought I would ask you kind folks for some direction.

So,I am considering:

Corno di Toro or Marconi

Doe Hill (I have grown DH before as well as Red Cheese,and both are dandy little peppers).

Guajillo (this just sounds like a great pepper to me)

Ajvarski (this is another that sounds like a standout)

Question is,how well do they yield on average? Which leads to the question,How many plants should I get to provide for the wife and I ?

The wife uses a lot of peppers in her stir fry and whatnot.We had a few plants in the PI,but none yielded very well for us.We grew Corno Di Toro,Marconi, Czech Black (I grew this one for the color)...Trinidad Seasoning...Jimmy Nardello.I will be growing in containers.

Thanks for any help or advice.

On edit:

Maybe I'll order a Corno di Toro and a Marconi and 2 each of Guajillo and Ajvarski and do the Doe Hill next year.That should give me an idea of what to expect yield wise.

Last edited by Tropicalgrower; April 26, 2019 at 01:25 AM.
Tropicalgrower is offline   Reply With Quote