Thread: Fusarium Wilt
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2018   #285
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I may have woke up the wrong thread. It looks like RKN. There was no way to know until I pulled them up to see. The first picture shows that they grew to about 30 inches tall and quit growing. The cages are 28 inches tall. I quit watering June 1 - there was no reason to waste the water. The plants leaves were turning yellow and brown in large portions. The rest of the pictures are to share, and you can diagnose/comment whatever you like. They are from the FFF, N plants only. The other normal OPs that are not FFF, N looked the same. Some plants were taller - some shorter. I'm glad they are gone.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

The container garden is completely separate and looks wonderful in comparison. I will not touch the container garden until I take a shower, scrub under my fingernails, and change my clothing.
Salt I can't tell for sure but it doesn't look like you have fusarium or nematodes to amount to anything. Could you possibly be having spider mites? The way your plants are yellowing from the bottom sure looks like fusarium but your stems sure don't look like it is bad enough to cause that kind of yellowing. I remember years ago when I got hit by spider mites when it was exceptionally hot early in the season. I thought I was having fusarium earlier than usual until I finally saw the webbing after I had let it go too long. I felt bad because I just never thought to check for them in May even though they gave me fits the summer and fall before.. I had always had my first spider mites show up in July at the earliest before that.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote