Thread: A Cajun Cooks
View Single Post
Old March 15, 2019   #76
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Default Back at it again

I have a man crush on Mark Wiens at the moment. He's eating some awesome food in Sri Lanka and I had to try it. The inspiration came from here.
https://youtu.be/4v9G2ArswUs?t=411

I started with homemade dough for ramen, I even used baked baking soda to get that texture.

Here's most of the players but I did add a fresh tomato, fish sauce and homemade shrimp stock I had in the freezer. In the bowl is a pack of seafood mix from the store and the plate had onions, green onions, ginger and garlic.

Rolled out some ramen and fettuccine noodles.

Cracked the crab shells to soak in that awesome curry sauce.

Sauteed the veggies, added the spices, shrimp broth, can of coconut cream and a bag of seafood mix to make a good seafood broth, cooked it for a while to reduce and concentrate the flavors then added the king crab to let them soak that flavor in. The crab legs went in at the last 15 minutes so I didn't turn them into mush.

Made a bowl and started drooling. Topped it with cilantro and green onions, that's Sambal ground chili in the middle for a little kick, it's not hot but has a good flavor.

Side plate with stuffed crab and more king crab to slurp that awesome gravy off of.

Crab and curry is a match made in flavor town.

It's the closest thing you can get to ecstasy.

The stuffed crab with that gravy/broth was amazing.

That's shrimp and clams from the seafood mix on top, It's like a paella in a spoon with curry sauce.

It was a process to get to this point but so worth it, THIS has to be done again but next time I wanna use the biggest shrimp I can find.

I'm ashamed I couldn't eat that lonely crab, I'm blaming it on those two foot long noodles.