Thread: My Garden 2018
View Single Post
Old July 25, 2018   #124
bad.kelpie
Tomatovillian™

I had high hopes for the "tigers", I tried blush last year, from another farmers market vendor, and liked them. I grew lucky tiger, pink tiger, blush, and green tiger. Lucky tiger is gross and mushy, pink tiger is the same, blush is better, kinda bland but pretty good, not mushy at least. But green tiger was slow to get started, so I didn't try them until last night. They were excellent! Sweet and tasty, not mushy. I think the heat might have made a difference, it's far hotter now than when the others started ripening. It's gonna be 98 today. So I think I'll try the others again before writing them off.

I also just tried my first McKinley a couple days ago, excellent! KBX is another later one, and it's tasty, but it's the only one of the big tomatoes getting blossom end rot. The only one I haven't tried yet is Berkeley Tie Dye, that one should be ripe today. Oh, and Delicious, I haven't tried that one either. Bear Creek, Mocha Splash, Pineapple, Cherokee Green, and Captain Lucky continue to be very productive and good.
bad.kelpie is offline   Reply With Quote