View Single Post
Old November 11, 2006   #14
mdvpc
TomatovilleŽ Moderator

Grub-If you are that into chile, I should send you some of my mother-in-law's chile pequin. It grows wild in her backyard, is very small and is very hot. Also very flavorable.

I live about 60 minutes, from Hatch, New Mexico, the green chile capital of the world and 40 minutes from the university in Las Cruces where a lot of green chile was researched. I see you don't have Joe Parker.

"Developed by the NMSU in honor of Mr Joe E. Parker of Las Cruces, New Mexico, a 1950 graduate of NMSU's College of Agriculture and Home Economics. Parker evaluated this specific selection. This cultivar is an improved version of the 'New Mexico 6-4', the standard chile cultivar for southern New Mexico. The plants are medium tall and very productive producing 15-20cm long peppers which ripen from bright green through mahogany to red in approx 80 days.It has thicker walls, more flesh and longer peppers than the original. This pepper is excellent for roasting, stuffing or chopping for a variety of dishes and is commonly used in New Mexico to make the dried pepper wreaths. Mild pungency 1000 SHU"

Pm me if you want Joe Parker, and I will find some seed, which will be easy, and send them to you. Let me know if you want seed from my mother-in-law of her chile pequin.