View Single Post
Old February 3, 2017   #15
Cole_Robbie's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois, zone 6
Posts: 8,164

Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
Nope, not required here.
Your attorney would probably tell you to buy it anyway.

The trend with farmer's markets now is that they are located on city property. It is almost impossible to sue a government entity and get money out of them. If your market is on city property - that's why they don't require insurance, because their butt is covered. You, on the other hand, do not enjoy immunity of the sovereign, and you can very easily be sued as an individual. Operating in corporate/llc name would shield you from such suits, but it may be better just to buy insurance, depending on how much in assets you have to protect.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote