View Single Post
Old March 16, 2018   #28
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
From my experience, most weekday markets are really doing great if you do about 1/2 the business of a Sat market. Many don't even do that. Those that I've done depend on the office lunch break for much of the business. But because they are going back to the office, they generally won't buy in bulk like at a Sat market.

I haven't personally done any of the evening markets or the "going home" markets (3-7 type hours) but from what I can see, if the market is on a road with good traffic, you MIGHT do OK. But too many I've seen are tucked away in a park somewhere where only the locals will know about it. I don't think those will work out too well.

JMO,
Carol
You bring up some valid points. I guess its all touch and go, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
The costs of slip and fall liability insurance go up all the time, which is why so many markets are on city property. The government is immune from slip and fall lawsuits, so they don't have to buy the insurance. Unfortunately, city-owned property is unlikely to be prime commercial property as well. It is much more likely to be "tucked away in a park" like you said. The other market I attended was one of those, well-hidden indeed. We even closed at 6 pm, to make sure to keep away any customers who had to work until then. I called that place "the hidden market." It was a well-kept secret.
Interesting. Sounds like it was doomed from the beginning?
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote