View Single Post
Old May 4, 2008   #4
Hilde
Tomatovillian™

Morgan, those links will list a lot of genes/traits, but I can't figure out what is recessive and what is dominant from it! Thanks for always being so helpful! I really appreciate it.

Carolyn, I didn't mean to bother you with your notebook, since we do have months ahead of us before we see how the KB Heart F2 looks like. What I want with this post is to learn more about tomato genetics, and I have to start from scratch. That book you recommended might be exactly what I have been looking for, and I will check it out! Thanks!

I think this is so much fun and I would like to try to make a cross myself this year, just for the fun of it.

If a Cc variety self pollinate, will you get 1/4 PL?

It seems to me now that the KB Heart F2 seedlings have variations in leaves, not only the big difference between RL and PL. One of the PL plants is getting quite hairy leaves and the leaf itself is not smooth. I haven't grown so many varieties before, and I don't think I have seen leaves like that before on a tomato plant. I will try to document as much as possible this year. Make it an amateur research project. And then perhaps MAYBE by the end of the season we will be able to make an educated guess to who the other parent is.

Thanks!

Hilde
Hilde is offline   Reply With Quote