View Single Post
Old March 24, 2016   #7
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
I started with a double layer, but the diluted latex paint I used as shade paint wouldn't come off, so I had to take the top layer off after the second season. I'm on year five with the layer that is left. It's barely holding together. I had to sew up several splitting seams with fishing line.

6 mil plastic has an r-value of .6 - I think the inflated double layer is like R1.3

If you use an inflation blower, use outside air to inflate, not inside air. Hook a hose to the blower's intake and connect it to a hole to the outside. Inside air has a higher humidity, and is more likely to cause condensation between your two layers.
I don't see how we can inflate using outside air, even though I know that we are supposed to. None of our inflators have a "connector/connection" to go outside. there is a "restricter of airflow" ( I have no idea what this piece is really called. It moves to allow more or restrict air into the layer) cover attached to the intake side. there is no where to put a hose on the fan to draw outside air in to blow it into the layer. None of the ones I have ever bought has been made any different. It would literally have to be mounted outside in order for it to draw outside air in.