View Single Post
Old September 26, 2007   #15
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Good thread and even gooder news about you, Dear Cosi.

Been checking both your blogs and keep it up. I'll be checking back to see how it goes this year.

I have apple cukes in, germinated one Armenian that's since died (very very old seed) and froom the well-used-by Diggers packs have got Crookneck Squash x 1 and Trombone Zuke x 3 growing.

Bought more seeds, just regular ones, coz Mrs Grub wanted some melons... there's a joke in there somewhere but I wont. Don't know where to put these but got:

Butternut Pumpkin
Candy Red Watermelon
Planter's Jumbo Rockmelon
Blue Lake climbing beans (they can go up)
Purple Kind climbing beans (they can go up)
Sweet Corn Terrific F1... sounds shocking and, as if to prove as much, just saw on the label... Caution: Treated with Thiram... just what the baby ordered. Not.

Growing: still heaps of silverbeet; piles of mescalun and rocket; a lot of salad endive king sprouting and will need to do a transplant; big pot of sprouted ararat basil from Andrey; pot of purple basil from my saved seeds; pot of sweet basil from my saved seeds; sweet basil more advanced; coriander, etc,etc.

Interestingly, or perhaps not, I spent a lot of time feeding and improved the soil for my mando, lime and lemon and they are in the best bloom ever.

Overwintered: heaps of eggies, hot and sweet peppers, and more of both in seed-riasing trays.

Looks like I have more than ever! And, as Spatz will attest, little space. Time to get clever.
Grub is offline   Reply With Quote