View Single Post
Old February 2, 2018   #54
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
So... I decided just to call the sales rep from my major supplier. his first response was NC farms for small quantities. now, that said. you can call my sales rep and set up your own account. Your best bet would be to order rooted cuttings though. you have a smaller minimum quantities to meet. If you contact him just tell him you got his name from me (carolyn Keiper). he deals in small orders (not 10's of thousandths). you just have to set up an account and put your order on your credit card
Hopefully this helps you some. I honestly can't complain about their prices or what they have available. I truly can't afford to buy from most of the small catalogs after seeing his prices. I have not ordered rooted cuttings through him though.(I have a greenhouse I can drive to that sells rooted cutting.)

Grimes Horticulture
Jim Spisak (Spee-zak)
1800 241-7333
Thank you! That is very kind of you to share. I have heard of Grimes, from my previous work.

So today I spoke to my supplier in VA. They only sell the finished pots. She eluded to contract reasons, but they get in around 20000 plugs. They are Yoder brand.

Oddly enough... she recommended NC Farms.. for small orders.

I did some math on NC Farms vs Raker. This is all based on minimums.

Raker - $142 shipped to my door. 4 Varieties. 204 plugs. Comes out to 69 cents a plug.

NC Farms - $172 picked up. 4 Varieties. 400 plugs. Comes out to 43 cents a plug. But add in fuel cost to pickup. Probably $40 round trip. So closer to $212

Honestly, I dont need 400 plugs. Im not sure I need 200 either. But, I would rather deal with 200 then 400.

Fun times.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote