View Single Post
Old June 27, 2011   #9
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Hi, MAGTAGgers ... Sorry that I've been incommunicado lately, but I've really been slammed with work ... Anyway, I will get a full-size version of the poster out (with date and time info) as soon as I get a free minute. I forget, can we send PDF files thru Tomatoville, or do I need to email it directly to everybody who wants to print some for their friends?

As far as my tomato plants are concerned - I got a really late start (due to illness and too many rainy weekends) and only put them out at the end of May. A few aren't looking good at all - Black Cherry of all things, and Brandywine. I have Paul Robeson, Hungarian Heart, Stupice, Sungold, Lemon Boy, Gold Medal, Sunray, Cherokee Purple, and a Burpee's Supersteak that I got free. Nothing particularly exciting, but a lot of my more interesting seeds didn't sprout for me this year or died.

I'm wondering if my new "Lasagna gardening" raised beds (last year's soil with removal of weeds, compost on top of that, topsoil on that) isn't working as well as I thought it would. I used to double-dig my beds every year and mix in compost, but the old back ain't what it used to be, and when my friend Greg M. built me such nice frames for the bed, I wanted to try something new.