View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012   #20
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4jess View Post
Kurt,

Labor-intensive and crazy as it is, I'm still trying to coax a few more tomatoes out before I quit for the summer. I still have Berkley Tie-Dye Pink, Sweet 100, KBX and Pineapple plants going strong. I did a pretty late planting in April, but it looks like I'll have a kazillion (yes, that is an actual greenie count) cherry tomatoes and a few beefsteaks before the humidity and heat shut the plants down. The blossom drop is increasing by the day, but so far only a little bacterial speck.

Ginger,

Aiming for a plant swap in November, is there any way to find out what varieties might be in demand? I need something to focus my gardening obsession on once the summer garden downtime hits, and planning out my seeding schedule usually satisfies my inner crazy for a few weeks.

No not really, nobody is really concentrating on any given varieties , just grow it if you want to, and bring it along.
Most of these plant swaps have the participants post what they have in the thread here, and people tell them what they like from that person's list. We then bring the requested plants, and any others we think may be interesting or tasty.
I will be supplying some snacks and beverages too, and others can bring stuff to eat even if no plants, and still take some home.
I am looking forward to swapping gardening tips as much as plants. Also looking forward to meeting people in my region that share my obsess OOPS I mean hobby