View Single Post
Old December 2, 2011   #16
JackE
Tomatovillian™

So what is your consensus on nematode control

I just dunno, Worth. It looks like I'm just gonna hafta to learn to live with 'em! I've still got a lot of clean soil and my focus will be to keep it that way. I about died one day last year - my mind was off in space somewhere and I took the tractor-mounted tiller from the infested area to a clean area without hosing iit off! I had made several passes before I woke up! I was comforted by my belief that all the nems were surely dead from the two-year fallow... yeah, sure!

I could write a 400 page book about my efforts to control them. If I had a dollar for every new magic cure I've enthusiastically tried over the decades, I could take my wife on a cruise. My bills for mollases and elbon rye seed alone would feed a starving african family for a year - throw in the marigolds, plastic, truckloads of compost and dozens of products promising a miracle cure and I could send the kids to college in the States!
And the final score is Meloidogyne incognita - 2,371 and Jack 0. I officially give-up!

Jack
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote