View Single Post
Old December 13, 2009   #30
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruet View Post
Hi Remy,
I noticed on the site you mentioned that Sunflowers (and perhaps other goodies) will be made available some time this winter. Could you narrow that down a bit? December? January?

Also you said "If anyone wants something else, please let me know soon!"
Maybe I'm too late for "soon", but I'd buy at least one of each of the following:
White Sensation Cosmos "Purity" — Reputed to be more attractive to beneficial predators than your average Cosmos
Annual Sunflower "Lemon Queen" — The one they're using for the great sunflower bee project, seems to provide blooms all season with plenty of pollen, (messy yes, but a feast for bees)
Also Eva Purple Ball, and Big Beef F1 — need no introduction

I plan on buying Druzba and Sungold from you, but if I can get all the seeds I want for next year in one go, so much the better.

Love the idea by the way. I'm gardening on a small rooftop space as are all my friends... really can't make use of 40 seeds per pack.
Hi Ruet,
I answered you on the site, but I may as well answer here too. I'm glad to get the input. It makes it easier to decide. I do plan on having all the sunflowers and other annuals listed in January(crossing fingers that I don't curse myself.) Lemon Queen was one of the sunflowers I'm planning on having. I can get 'Purity' Cosmos which is the white sensation variety. I can also get the hybrid Big Beef. I'm not sure about Eva Purple Ball, but I will try.

Tania,
Very interesting about the description from him. I don't think I ever got one. The beefsteak is so good I would think it is the real version too.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote