View Single Post
Old October 25, 2017   #65
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I think peat pots are getting a bad wrap.
I have successfully used them from the seedling stage on up with great success.
No problems with roots growing out the sides or anything they grow everywhere.

The most important thing is to not let the peat pot ridge stick up above the soil line.
This will act as a wick and draw moisture from it to evaporate.

Worth.
Hi Worth...I read that also about ensuring the soil level was above the top of the peat Pot... I will recheck on the peat pots later today......I have also been concerned about my chamber and the cooling unit built for me and its ability to get a steady consistant 10 degrees C so I tested an old fridge freezer today I have (thank goodness i never trashed it.)...I got 4 degrees in the fridge compartment so I will extend the tubed water outlet from the reservoir into the fridge and connect it to a length of coiled plastic tubing in there for additional cooling and then it will go into my Growing chamber and back out to the pumping unit and go around again so its a continuous flow...I think all I have to do is then use the Electronic Thermostat and its probe in the air within the chamber... set @ 10 degrees plus 0.5 to stop and start the Fridge freezer when the desired temperature in the chamber is reached ..Can you understand that..I am confusing myself but I will get it checked by the electrician plus I now see where the wires are on the fans that power the Leds .. so I will put them on a separate circuit.......so all the lights can be put on and off together....via two circuits of course because the fans are 12V and the LED Tubes are 240V.....Cannot wait to get it going with the seedlings inside ....and see what has happened 2 -3 weeks later..Cheers Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote