View Single Post
Old July 26, 2009   #5
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Had a great time yesterday at TP7. Weather was great, thank goodness for the pavillion, and the company was great. It's nice to meet people from here and just talk tomato. Wether it be talk about varieties, methods, or taste, it's much easier to talk in person than on-line.

Thanks to Craig and Lee for doing what they do. It was worth the three hour drive. Also to everyone else who helped out, Craig's wife, Sue, of course and any other I forgot.

Thanks to Howard, TheClaw here at TV, for his samples, his finger licking raosted tomato sauce, and his beef jerky.
Howard, I'm going to try it this week!! Great all around sauce. I can picture myself standing over it with a half a loaf of Italian bread dipping for hours.

Now for the tomatoes..

From the Drwarf table, these I think I will try next year purely based on taste with out looking them up....

Rosella Crimson
Dwarf Wild Fred
Frosty

I'm going to look into Plentiful

From the big tables, my favs were...

Shannon's - Yes, I'm being bias but I think it had a really strong flavor that alot of others didn't have.
Marriannna's Peace - My best year for it. Another 'strong' flavor.
Brandywine Sudduth - Great texture and flavor. Didn't produce well when I grew it. MIGHT have to gice it another whirl.
KBX - NOTHING shy about this one.
Beefstake - Surprisingly good flavor
Regina's Yellow - Probably will try it next year. I need some more color in my garden. Grew too many reds this year.
TheClaw, Howards, Purple Haze F2 - A reallly smoooooth tomato

Cossack Pineapple Tomatillo - Everyone loved these. Little bites of candy.

I'll leave the spitters to myself. There were a few.

Only got one useable picture. When I had it in my pocket, the little dial must have moved so most came out blurry. sigh.

Greg

010.jpg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote