View Single Post
Old November 6, 2017   #38
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I have now pulled all but about a dozen of my remaining tomato plants. I removed all that didn't have a decent tomato on them and by decent I mean larger than a quarter. Boy this disease sure lowered my standard of decent tomato.

I did have a very few infected plants that actually bloomed and set a few new fruits. They were mostly ISPL, IS, and Spudakee. I haven't picked or seen a tomato over 4 oz since the first week of October.

I hope we have a good cold winter and it kills back the whiteflies so I'm not dealing with them again next year. If they are back again next year I don't think I will attempt a fall crop after my experience this year. It is just too much work for too little results.

My focus now is on greens and other winter crops. I have my first little batch of carrots already an inch tall and will plant another little batch of them this month or next. I have a terrific stand of greens including mustard, turnips and rutabagas. Hopefully I will get some Brussels sprouts set out in the next week or so to go with the broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower that was set out two weeks ago.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote