View Single Post
Old June 21, 2018   #1107
bower
Tomatovillian™

It happens that KARMAPink ended up sharing a berth with Moravsky Div here - which is more or less a standard for performance in cool and grey weather. At least we know how MDiv has performed before so it is a kind of reference point for the unstable plants in different seasons - as you know it's been severely cold here this year - yep, a lot more than normal, and many days in a row without sunshine. But we have had some nicer weather in the past week, and we're all back to growing again.
So here is a pic of the two plants at 112 days from seed - MDiv on the left, KPink on the right.
- Moravsky Div is just a little bit taller than KARMA Pink, although KP was the bigger seedling while still indoors. They are both pruned to two stems. Leaves look about the same - I did see some curling on KP during the cold but pretty minor, I've seen worse on other varieties. And the leaves are fine now. I was surprised that KP is not a bigger plant, but for me that is a blessing not a curse!
- The second pic shows adjacent fruit clusters - MDiv above, KPink below. Two weeks ago KP was struggling to push out that first fruit, but now she is growing the others up. Those are fruit that set during the cold weather but didn't grow - but they didn't drop!
She won't be an early fruiter for me this year. No problem! The important thing is that she has endured all that cold and gloom and stress and now she is picking up where she left off. That's a very good thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MDIV-KARMAPink112dplants.JPG (385.2 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg MDIV-KARMAPink-fruit112ds.JPG (173.9 KB, 105 views)
bower is offline   Reply With Quote