View Single Post
Old January 31, 2024   #35
eyolf
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
Being one of the "webforum" users offers answers to questions on a mostly personal level from folks who actually have experience. You Tube may be OK but I would never have been able to make personal friendships with some of the really well known tomato growing experts...and peppers and melons and..... if not for the old school modern websites. Carolyn, Craig, Tatianna, Fred, Darrell, Tom, and even Darrell Kellogg and I would never had personal discussions if social media was relied upon. In my remaining gardening years I will steadfastly remain on the gardening websites frequented over the years, me here since Jan 2006...not many 2006ers left.
I'm tryna remember when a bunch of posters migrated away from a site called "Gardenweb" and a dedicated forum for tomatoes there.

Was that 2006? Seems like ages ago; my youngest was 9, and ate cherry tomatoes like a fiend, but wouldn't do much else in the garden.

Now she has an amazing set of raised beds in her Minneapolis yard, and won a ribbon at the state fair for a tomato I got from Darryl/Fusion about then.

Darryl, if you're listening I still grow Tastiheart/HeShPoLe every year, and a few other locals do too.

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk