View Single Post
Old January 14, 2016   #9
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Is Tatiana the one who named Pearls of Wisdom? Maybe she can explain her name choice, if so, just because I always wondered about it. I thought I had the wrong variety at first; I was expecting a white cherry by the name. If I were one of those unscrupulous people who re-named tomato varieties for their own benefit, I would call this one Purple Nips.

And I'm glad you liked it. It was one of my varieties that I was on the fence about due to the wet weather I had. I want to try it again now.
The name is a bit baffling, I agree. Purple Nips is appropriate. Definitely give it another shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee View Post
Beautiful healthy tomato seedlings Gerardo! When did you start them, and how (under lights, or just out in the sunshine after harding off, etc)?
I just sowed some seeds last week but I'm gonna have to rethink my timing next season. I might start in late fall. My winters are mild but not as warm as your area but I think they could survive. Worth a try.
The bigger ones sprouted way back in the middle of november. December was a bit unkind with the cold. No supplemental heat or lights, just what they get from the sun. For next winter I'll be sowing some cold tolerant varieties in sep to time it just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
The plants look great.
In the pictuer on your roof top is that downtown San Diego way off in the horizon?
It seems about right.
Worth
Your bearings are correct, just the location is a bit off. These will help.

Garden sites with numbers 1, 2, 3, arrow shows pic direction
garden 1 2 3.png

What you see in the pic is more or less the colored rectangle
view from pic.png
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote