View Single Post
Old May 23, 2009   #2
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Normally,I apply my Myco and Actinovate on Plant Out. Almost anytime I talk about Mycorrhizae I always emphasize not to use ferts with a phosphorous over 4 in the NPK. The University of Hawaii had a good article on Mycorrhizae and phosphorous which I will have to find.
When did you apply your mycorrhizae to your seedlings. T&J is about the only site that I have found that addresses this issue and have seen other sites that state you can use any fertilizer regimen!! Which Myco from Fungi.com did you use?
When I transfer my seedlings which are started in Jiffy 7's to my 4" CowPots I use Fox Farms "Light Warrior" planting mix which already has mycorrhizae in it.
I looked up Neptunes fish and kelp and believe it is a 2-3-1 which should be no problem. Normally I don't use my ferts full strength until I set my plants in their final resting place and they have become established.
How far along were your seedlings when you applied the Myco?Was it done before plant out or after. Pictures would be helpful. Ami

Here's a short article on mycorrhizae and the effects phosphorus has on it.
http://mining.state.co.us/TechnicalB...orusLevels.pdf