View Single Post
Old February 4, 2021   #1
LindyAdele
Tomatovillian™

Default Refresh my Memory on best fertilizer for seedlings?

I have been growing tomatoes for about 10 years, saving my seeds, etc. I have a city yard so can only grow 12-15 plants each summer (still I'm the crazy tomato lady around here because my tomatoes are mostly not red!) The last two years due to health and crazy life issues I grew fewer plant (two years of seedling failure meant I had to actually buy my plants - ugh), but we've rearranged the hard and are planning three new raised beds in a sunnier spot so I'm trying again. It feels like I don't remember anything that made me successful when I started out! please help!

I have to buy my seedling soil and fertilizer online this year, no stores are open but Walmart and I don't shop there.

The ONLY fertilizer I can find is Miracle Grow at a 18-18-21 or a generic 'garden food' at 12-12-12.

Living in Canada, I don't have anywhere to order the brands I used to buy and now seem to be impossible to find right now? I loved black gold starting soil and tomatotone fertlizier. Cant find them anywhere (without paying rediculous prices).
I'd love ideas of what I can do! I can buy Promix (BX or MP) in big bags, which is probably what I'll do for seed starting medium. I plant seeds starting next week for peppers, a couple weeks later for tomatoes.
Thanks!

Last edited by LindyAdele; February 4, 2021 at 07:49 AM.
LindyAdele is offline   Reply With Quote