View Single Post
Old May 31, 2016   #65
Rosedude
Tomatovillian™

You rejected every good idea that was offered here. Now you say you don't have a control unit. What happened to Post #58?
Quote:
one thing I know I will use the STC 1000 Digital Thermostat cause I already have one and know how to program it..
The STC 1000 is a control unit. Is the problem that you know how to program it but you don't know how to wire it? Please explain.

I will give you another suggestion for a heater that should work on your washing machine tub and probably won't electrocute you:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...838.0.0.nghSd9

This mat costs $5 and works on either 12 or 24 volts like the computer power supply you already have. I think it has adhesive. Anyway you can glue it on a ceramic tile and put it under your washing machine tub. If you put some epoxy or other insulation on the wire you can probably stick it in the soil (the specifications say it is immersible). You will still need something like the STC 1000. There are also several models of the STC 1000 and they differ in the wiring and programming. You do have an STC 1000, correct? Can you attach a picture?

This may gets quite hot so you don't want it right next to the roots, but it doesn't produce an overwhelming amount of heat. If you put the temperature sensor under the roots it should be ok. If you are using a 12 volt unit with the STC 1000 it will wire a little differently than the video.

Quote:
there are no seeds here
Finally, just out of curiosity, what happened to all of the tomato seeds in New Zealand? I know you are upside down but you didn't fall off the planet.

Last edited by Rosedude; May 31, 2016 at 08:14 PM.
Rosedude is offline   Reply With Quote