View Single Post
Old April 1, 2017   #8
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
Good to hear. I'm considering a move to more tropical climates so I may join you in your Caribbean heat endeavors.

Those electric bills must be something.

Are there flowers that do well during those two months?

PS. copper has been working out great, I only fried them once when I got a little too generous with the blue stuff. At 50 to 75% strength, it's awesome.
Where would you move? I think you can get hibiscus and Mexican Petunia to flower, okra flowers and grows extremely well in the heat but it's a hibiscus of a sort, some of the dendrobium dirt growing orchids are a few summer blooms that come to mind.
I am still thinking of getting a cacao, might just do that, it was you that fave me the idea. Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens has a chocolate festival every year, and they sell cacao cultivars there.
I really like copper spray, but never ever more than 50% of the weakest recommended strength. If those leaves curl, you have sprayed it too strong. If you can see the blue color on the leaves, it is too strong. It enters the cells of the leaves so you gotta take extra care.
Gerardo, the above was more for educating others, I know you already know the right spray strength.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote