View Single Post
Old February 24, 2016   #92
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Thanks. I had a male and female for 8 and 9 years. My current dog is about 4 years old. I drove to Linton, Indiana, to the county pound to get her. Some very ignorant people bought an expensive purebred puppy from working line genes, a dog that was bred for high-energy prey drive above everything else, and then stuck her in the backyard with two small children. I am thinking they largely ignored her, other than the beatings. It has taken a long time for her to understand that I am not going to beat her. She still cowers when I come home and get out of my truck. She always loved women and was scared of men. I know her early life must have involved a man coming home in his truck and beating her every day. We are finally at the point where she has enough confidence to do things like bark at strangers. She barked at the water meter reading guys last month - two men in a truck! That was a big step.

And speaking of pond silt, my dad said he needed to drain his pond to work on the valve. I should go scoop some up when he does.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote