View Single Post
Old October 20, 2016   #32
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyToes View Post
I never did anything to the little Dixie Speckled Butterpeas bush Limas though and I had the highest yield from them by far. They are still producing.
That’s good to know that Dixie Speckled Butterpea Bush Limas worked so well for you.
I’m going to put them on my list to give a try. I’ve been trying to find a good lima pole and a good lima bush to grow here. I found a bush lima that appears to be working well, that being Jackson Wonder Lima Bush. I planted them in August and they are now loaded with flowers and quite a few beans. At this time I am picking them while the bean inside is immature, then cooking pod and tiny beans without shelling. The taste is very good.
I have just started harvesting Espada Bush Snap Beans and it appears they are going to do well here in the fall. They are very disease resistant but their taste is not quite as good as I would like. I hope to give Boone Bush Snap a try in my 2017 Spring Garden. It is also quite disease resistant and I’m hoping that it might have a taste on par with say Jade II Bush Snap beans.
I am also growing 1 variety of Pole Lima and 6 varieties of Pole Snaps and 2 other varieties of Bush Snaps. None in very large quantities, but hopefully enough to give me a better idea as to what I can grow successfully here in Central Florida. The fall seems to be a more difficult time to grow beans here than the spring.
Larry

Last edited by Zone9b; October 20, 2016 at 04:30 PM.
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote