View Single Post
Old May 31, 2013   #20
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
Great find! Dr. Ingham has really done some great work - too bad I wish she was wrong here Definitely a lesson learned.

As for my plants, the ones that received the calcium do look a little better but I it seems too early to tell. I have a number of plants (most all of them are in the ground at this point) that are basically just not growing (all hit with EM1 previously), and I'm not sure what to do. The pH raising solutions that you buy in the store are not something I want to use -- they are fairly heavy duty chemicals that I try to avoid but if it meant life or death for the plants, I would use them. Any suggestions? Could I 'override' the EM1 with a second drench of actinovate? Do I stick with calcium and cross my fingers?

I don't mind experimenting and possibly losing a few plants but this year I am growing for some other people who fully expect their plants to produce.
Have you contacted Teraganix and explained what you did? They may be able to give you some insight into what steps to take. You really stumbled into unknown territory here with the combo of EM-1 and Actinovate.
There is no way of knowing if your attempts at raising the PH helps unless you monitor the PH and any changes in plant growth over at least a period of 2 weeks. A second drench of Actinovate could be like pouring gasoline on a fire too, so I would be leery of trying that without some professional advise.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote