Thread: Wonder Soil
View Single Post
Old September 6, 2015   #57
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

The tomato season is winding down for me and I've started pulling plants. Yesterday I pulled four that were in grow bags with Wonder Soil. The root balls were the largest ones I've ever seen when pulling tomato plants.

I did notice something strange. In the past I've used a combo of potting mix and composted manure and the tomato plants have always grown a few long roots out of the bag's drain holes and into the ground below. With the Wonder Soil the roots formed more of a dense mat that stayed near the top of the grow bag with no sign of any "tap roots." Before I shook them out, they looked kind of like the flat root system you see on an evergreen tree that has tipped over.

The fact that the roots never even ventured into the bottom half of the bags makes me think the plants might have done just as well in even smaller containers.

Average production was more than double what I typically get from my grow bag tomatoes and hot peppers are still healthy and loaded up.

I'll be stocking up on Wonder Soil and Texas Tomato Food again for next year. It was a winning combination for me.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote