View Single Post
Old September 23, 2009   #9
mjc
Tomatovillian™

The others so far...
Germaid Red, from my friend Don Podolia, now deceased, who was from WV and said the variety itself was. Is available commercially (Family heirloom from West Virginia, available from a number of commercial sources in the 2000s. )

West Virginia Straw

Golden Ponderosa ( see the SESE description on that one as to WV)

West Virginia Pink Slicer, West Virginia Sweet Meat, Yellow Slicer...(The Sweet Meat and Pink Slicer and Yellow Slicer were purchased by my mother from an amish greenhouse and I have saved seeds from them.

The West Virginia part was added by someone else along the way. So I would not say for sure that they are only from WV but might be. For sure they are not very well known in other parts...these are probables, according to patty_b)

Cosner from Braxton County, a pink,

Paw Paw, a gold/red bicolor

Mountaineer Mystery introduced by Doug Zuknick

Dr. Suds Capon Bridge

If anyone has more history/info on any of the ones without anything...

There are a couple that I am trying to get seeds for...local,' these have been in the family for years' tomatoes, but I'm not having much luck this year (generally bad year for tomatoes...half the folks around here had blight problems and the other half had major deer problems...it seems like the local deer have developed a taste for tomatoes)
mjc is offline   Reply With Quote