Thread: Wonder Soil
View Single Post
Old November 5, 2014   #6
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi,

I received my order of Wonder Soil today and I'm impressed (granted it doesn't take a lot to impress me these days ).
The 10 lb Wonder Soil cube was more compacted than I'd expected, and I had to use a hammer that was nearby to knock off a chunk for testing. If you wanted all the soil in one place, you probably wouldn't need to break it up prior to wetting. Once however much (the aforementioned chunk, in my case) is wetted, it expands rapidly and is super easy to break up. It has a nice fluffy consistency - no big chunks of things like some of the potting mixes I've used.

Wonder Soil seems to make several different products with slightly different ingredients. Since ingredients on the Home Depot website Wonder Soil listing weren't complete, I'm attaching a pdf scan of the label from what I got today. Sorry it's a little hard to read, but I think you can make things out.

No bat guano, but it does have a number of other good ingredients I had suspected but wasn't sure of - including mycorrhizae, humus and compost, as well as the worm castings, etc. mentioned on the HD website.

I hope to be transplanting into the Wonder Soil tomorrow - and look forward to hearing what Kurt thinks of it.

Anne.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WONDER SOIL LABEL.pdf (374.6 KB, 64 views)
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote