View Single Post
Old February 2, 2018   #60
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
too bad the ground cover doesn't come in brown or tan. I didn't think about the heat until you mentioned it earlier. that isn't an issue most of the time for us but I see where it would be for you. . benches might be a solution for you. If I wanted my husband to level me something he probably would do it and say it wasnt a problem. to me it is too much work. I see trees needing cut down a fence and shed needing moved a retainer wall needing built... nope. the equipment is in the yard. way too much but after '08 a lot of the work he did kind of dried up but we still have the heavy machinery..... just too much work. maybe I could squeeze in a 100 or so in the one greenhouse but I keep thinking I want to try a hydropnic system in there once my Spring crop of flats is out of there.
Yeah, it gets hot around here. Im trying to get rid of all the black pots I have. Not too many left.

What kind of Hydro system are you thinking? Last year for my tomatoes and peppers I used AKMarks system. That would be considered soiless. It worked amazing. I also tried something similar to an Deep Rail/NFT system, but just couldnt keep the nutrient system cool enough.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote