View Single Post
Old June 11, 2018   #50
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
Although there is a lot of information about PST viroids in the links you provided above, I didn't see anything that mentioned use of Daconil as increasing likelihood of viroid attack. I scanned a few of the most promising sounding papers, not the whole list.

I understand that Daconil cannot prevent viroid attack, but that in itself seems an odd reason to ban it, since that's not the use it is advertised for.
Dee, it seems that I've failed somewhere here.

Maybe it would be best for someone to start a new thread just about Chlorothalinol.

When Tville first started I think I remember there was a Forum for growing organically,or maybe that was at the original Garden Web,now Houzz.

In any case such Forums never last long b/c of all the infighting.

But there is someone here at Tville who was once at idig, and that person might know what I'm talking about b/c that person was about the only sane one at idig in what was called the POF(Politics of Food) since many of the threads were about what was used on crops as to pesticides,and yes Daconil as well, that led to contamination of vegetables sold in a store,or stone crops, etc.,and so much more.

Carolyn, who doesn't think there is anything more she can contribute to the discussion, or can she? Other than making this suggestion above;(Maybe it would be best for someone to start a new thread just about Chlorothalinol).