Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old June 17, 2018   #2250
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

Default storm of the century

i am now living in a natural disaster area.

we had a storm come through overnight that dumped close to 7 inches of rain on the area in 7 hours. it was constant thunder, lightening, high winds that did not let up. roads are washed out. a bridge near chassel is washed out, and will take awhile to repair. my drive by the road is about gone. a neighbors drive over the culvert is gone.
only way out for me was in the truck down a seasonal road that bisects our property. i had to dodge a culvert on one side of the road that looked to be a couple feet deep.
some areas may need to be evacuated. one person who works at my store had to jump out a second story window of her house that was filling with water.
the area is a mess. more rain is coming. no telling how long it will take to fix everything.
we are on high ground, so no worries about major flooding. we have a wet basement is all. part of our road is chopped up with several inches gone, but we can get out. others are not so lucky. no word on injuries yet. one of my techs is a first responder. she was running to calls at 4am according to my partner.
i will update when possible

keith
rxkeith is offline   Reply With Quote