View Single Post
Old June 16, 2013   #5
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Ann, I'm absolutely delighted to hear from you. Your poor cats though. What an ordeal.
We just adopted 2 from the shelter, one is charcoal grey with a white chest and boots, and her name is Carbon due to her color. She has a lot of Russian Blue in her.The Broward county shelter spayed her, and I think it was while she was carrying a litter because her mammaries were enlarged. She also came with an upper respiratory infection that is resistant to 2 antibiotics so far, and it is definitely bacterial because the sneeze is cloudy, not clear liquid. It's been 6 weeks so far. We took her in for a culture and sensitivity to find out what this bug is and what will kill it. Oh, and just for good measure she had a previously broken leg that never got treated so its a little crooked. The vet said she never would have made it at the shelter, so it was good that we got her home. She is a darling, climbs in my lap and falls asleep there, and eats like a little piggus!
We also got a male, also very young but not kitten, he's much larger, orange and white short hair, very rambunctious, and likes to play rough with Carbon, but she beats up on him pretty well too. The shelter named him OJ which was a stupid name, so Wayne played around with it and said" orange Julius" and I said Julius suits him because he rules the house,so that's his name , Julius. He's out of control sometimes, racing around the house like a maniac, and attacking my toes when I get under the covers.
They said the shelters kill 65% of all the cats they take in so I am glad we took both. I didn't want another animal, but Wayne wore me down, and I am glad.

Ann, if you can make it down it'll be great. I'll send you a PM if you want to go, I bet you know what about!

I hope things go more smoothly now for you.
My car is a 97 Lexus ES 300. Darned thing just won't die.

Marsha