View Single Post
Old January 9, 2017   #4
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Rubbing alcohol is that which you get at the pharmacy. 3% Peroxide will work as well but will also ruin your clothing if you get any on it.

I really do not know anything about your new soil. Do what you think is best. I would still check it for ph prior to planting. I would also add some calcium. Yep, you can water your plants in with either the Seasol or the Miracle Gro unless of course this mixture already has nutrients added. If that is the case, then I would wait to see how the plants adjust to the mix. If you have Myco's now would be a good time to use them.

Sitting a pot in a bin of water is not really considered a self-watering system. It is asking for wet and rotting roots. Many container gardeners here use great self-watering systems. Read other threads right here in this very forum to find what works well for many greenhouse growers.

Once you have the plants re-potted, they will need some better support and they will also need to have the black ties or tape loosened that are holding them too tightly to their little supports.