View Single Post
Old February 17, 2017   #243
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti..What a morning ..Gee these tomatoes owe me planty .>i got up early to take the bike and trailor out and get some more soil ...So there were 7 bags and I decided not to take a risk and to take 4 and make a second trip later or tomorrow??? or later in the week..
Well that was OK I was taking it quietly on the footpath looking at all the glass on it thrown probably from cars by the local hoons...when I heard something like a gunshot...Then the bike became unresponsive and sure enough when i looked the trailor had a puncture....So I thought its no use returning to the garden centre so i started pushing the bike and trailor...Thank goodness I then made a wise decision .....I headed straight down for the main street instead of vearing off Like I was going to do ...Once I hit the city I realised that I had cover from the sun under the verandas (it was 21 degrees and climbing) and possibly one of the cycle shops was open ...and they were so I got a new tyre and tube put on for $40 which I though was a really reasonable cost plus a free cup of coffee which was absolutely terrible??No sugar and I do not think it had milk but it shook my system up....So I finally got home....I was worried that my energy loss would bring on a hypo but everything turned out oK....

So

its really hot again so I have 4 fans going and another I can put in ....Now these are side fans and the Hospice shop have an overhead fan ...I think that would make more sense...What do you think ... Overhead fans would probably be more powerful and spread the air better...and I would not fall over them....There is no way I am going in the greenhouse with 4 fans in there and cables everywhere ...I should have realised overhead fans would be the best ...anyway I will get some as soon as I can...

I thought my Super TT with all the tomatoes were turning red last night but it was an optical illusion ...
Now when I was out at the Gardening centre I met the lady again who told me about a pinch of Sulpher potash Plus I had a look on their shelves and guess what...I found the Miracle Gro for Flowers etc .....it has the low N ..So Tui's do have it (they are the agent) its just that the closest centre does not stock it....So its worth knowing that it is available...In actual fact if you would prefer me to have that on hand I could return the other one to the other centre.... I will have a look back and find out the NPK and put it on a follow up post...Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote