View Single Post
Old February 18, 2019   #7
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

I like my Jalapeno peppers, large, thick walled, perfectly smooth with a waxy texture, medium hot, productive; and tasty in both green and red.

I believe the mammoth pepper is supposed to be about 36" tall. With the late season (fall) growth spurt, mine reached about 45" and produced heavily on both old and new growth. I'm in zone 7b and my peppers performed (and lived) well even in 110 degree F weather last summer.

I grow really hot peppers for my "really hot" needs. I grow jalapenos for good eating which can also be eaten by people who don't like "really hot" peppers.I put a lot of Jalapenos and whole kernel corn in my corn bread. Folks who don't normally like hot peppers, do like my cornbread.

I'm not really a Bonnie fan, but they do provide a few things other companies don't provide. I will buy some Husky Cherry Red tomatoes from Home Depot this year and some Mammoth pepper plants from a different provider this year. The Bonnie plants usually cost over three bucks each. The plants from a different nursery cost $1.65 each at the local farm supply store.

I also grow some small peppers of other varieties for different purposes. I grow large Poblanos, large jalapenos; and large New Mexico or California style Anaheims for stuffing or slicing; or smoking.

Last edited by DonDuck; February 19, 2019 at 11:09 AM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote