View Single Post
Old May 4, 2009   #12
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Put the beans into a large Pyrex measuring cup or glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 3 minutes. I shake the beans halfway through so they get evenly cooked.

Meanwhile I get a skillet going with some olive oil and a little butter (or I suppose you could fry some bacon ).

I drain off any water from the beans and dump them out in the hot skillet. It should sizzle when the beans hit the pan. Add a little salt and pepper and toss the beans every 20-30 seconds or so so they get a little bit of color on the outside.

At restaurants, there seems to be 2 choices. Boiled beans which are mushy. And practically raw beans. I like somewhere in between, with some bite to them, but not crunchy like a raw carrot. I think one of my favorite things about cooking at home is serving vegetables which are just slightly crunchy.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote